Tuesday, August 16, 2011

French Bicycle

I have to work on post titles. The French Bicycle is a reference to the fact that this is a layered manicure with Color Club Oui! Oui! Oui! and CND Bicycle Yellow. Get it? (Goodness I can't help but make lame jokes.) Read my descriptions of the polishes and to see more pictures.

CND Bicycle Yellow is a bright primary color. The formula is not too bad, three thin coats or two medium coats. I had bald spots when I first starting using this polish but I think it was my lack of skill with the brush. All Lacquered Up has a great detailed description of how to use CND's brush. How to use CND's brush I have since followed her advice on letting the polish sit on the brush for a few seconds before I start painting my nails. Fewer bald spots and a coat of SV makes it look perfect.

Color Club Oui! Oui! Oui! is a green and white shimmer polish. I haven't worn this by itself yet but I knew the green shimmer would make for great layer manicures. I know it looks like it's only white but believe me the green is there. I should do a layer manicure with black to show the green. One layer of this soften the brightness of the yellow and made it looked very close to how it looks in the pictures. These photos are after a few days of wearing this manicure (I think a week!) so please excuse the tip wear. Now that I'm doing this blog my painting has become neater and I take photos earlier.  

Thanks for reading.


2 comments:

  1. Pretty combo...I love CND nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. So far I only have two CND polishes but I love both.

    ReplyDelete