Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Midweek Music with Of Montreal "A Sentence of Sorts In Kongsvinger"


This week's Midweek Music is Of Montreal's "A Sentence of Sorts In Kongsvinger". Being the music fan I am I keep hearing the name Of Montreal but never bother listening to their music. I'm a bit of music snob (I'm working on it!) so their hipster name and art work turned me off. That was until my boyfriend first played me their classic album "Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?". I'm a glam rocker fan and they have that style. They are not afraid to be silly or weird. This is actually a fan video with a cute woman running around, dancing, smiling and joins her bunny friend in the end. This song always makes me smile and I imagine this playing when people land in LAX and walking into that bright Southern California sun. On to my bright sunshine manicure. 
 
I love this manicure! It's so bright with Color Club's awesome neons and shimmers. The base is Koo-Koo Cachoo a safety cone orange. I used Konad plate m57 and Wet n Wild Black Creme for the leopard spots. I then used a dotting tool to fill in the spots using What A Shock! and Ulterior Motive. What A Shock! is a neon green with green shimmer and Ulterior Motive is a glitter/shimmer that is purple with blue and red particles.  
 The results are perfect for such a fun loving song with a silly cute video.  Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment